Antipolocity.net was the official website of the Local Government of Antipolo. Antipolo city is located in the Philippines, in the province of Rizal. It is situated about 16 miles east of Manila (the capital city of the country). The city is the largest in the CALABARZON Region and is the 7th most populated city in the country with over 630,000 people as of 2007.
Antipolo city is the 1st and only city component in Rizal province. It's name is said to have originated from a local tree named Tipolo (Autocarpus Incisa) with which the entire area was abound.
The city government of Antipolo is proud to introduce to the world wide web, its city, Antipolo, popularly known in the country as "Pilgrim City of the Philippines."
Antipolocity.net, along with the city's achievements and continuous developments, is a testament of the city government's unwavering dedication to improve its services for Antipolonians. The people of Antipolo are happy to showcase to the rest of the world, the richness of their Antipolonian traditions, historic values and religious celebrations.
The Local Government of Antipolo, together with its people, invites you to explore the world of Antipolo. Visit the site and enjoy the experience that is uniquely Antipolonian!
Some of Antipolo City's Awards and Recognitions:
- Clean and Greenest City in the Province of Rizal
- 1st Place Healthiest Public Hospital1999 - ANTIPOLO DISTRICT HOSPITAL
- 3rd Place Healthiest City Hall in the Province of Rizal1999 - ANTIPOLO CITY HALL
- 5th Place Clean and Green City Region 4
- 5th Place Annual Gawad Pangulo sa Kapaligiran Region 4
- Member of the 14 Cities Clean Center of the Philippines